Nina and Papa with Alina and Nate at the Mesa
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Living with the Liles
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Thanksgiving
For our first Thanksgiving in Colorado, my mom, dad and brother were all able to come out and visit. It was great to have family to hang out with, eat with and shop with. On Wednesday we drove up to the Grand Mesa to see the sights and the snow. We planned a picnic, but it seemed like the wind was going to win. We weren't prepared for how cold or windy it was. But then on the way back, we stopped at the Mesa Lakes Resort and even though it was closed, we were able to have our "picnic" on the front porch. It was really nice. Once we got home, Mark and Justin went for a hike at Devil's Kitchen on the Colorado National Monument. Thursday we cooked, ate and played Settlers! Then my mom and I actually hit some of the stores, although I am still angry about these midnight openings. On Friday we shopped some more, checked out downtown and had more fun playing Settlers and watching football. It was a good time and I'm so glad my parents were able to see where we live!





We had a lot of fun having family in town for Thanksgiving. Thanks for driving out, despite the many hours, ice and snow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Are the trees with the white bark Aspens? They are really pretty!
ReplyDeleteSo glad they got to come:) I am so jelouse:) the kids are getting so big. Glad to hear you guys had. Wonderful thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteYes, Brantley they are. We have tons of beautiful aspens on the Mesa. They are amazing in the fall when they all turn yellow. You should come see for yourself:)
ReplyDelete