"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Living with the Liles
Saturday, December 3, 2011
Lights...Candy...Action!!!
Tonight we went downtown for the Parade of Lights. It was pretty cold outside (33 degrees when we were on the way home) so we bundled up well. Nate couldn't move, poor guy, but he seemed to really like the lights and sounds, until he fell asleep that is! We parked a couple of blocks away and got there just before it started at 5pm. We were able to get a great spot right at the beginning of the parade. This was great for the candy collection and easy to get out. Our friends, Adam and Ashley, walked down from their apartment to watch the parade with us. Alina was quite the candy magnet, which Ashley was thankful for:) We stayed for 82 of the 109 floats. After an 1 1/2 of cold weather, lots of floats and a hat full of candy, we decided we may as well beat the crowd. Alina had a blast and it was a fun Christmas activity to do as a family.

It was a really great parade! Some of the floats were really neat. These pictures don't really do them justice (maybe I need a fancier camera Santa?). The marching bands of the four local high schools were really good too. We got tons of candy, some pens, pencils, lanyards, a glow stick, two toy cars for the kids and a lot of candy canes. I think we did better than at Halloween, and we didn't even have to move, the goodies came to us!










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That looks like a fun parade! We get to to go to the Lexington Parade...I bet it won't look like that:) I like that Alina is wearing Marlene's hat!!
ReplyDelete