Thursday, April 26, 2012

Drive-Thru Groceries

Seriously, tell me you haven't wished for this?  Especially if you are a mom, and even more so if you have to buckle and unbuckle more than one child.  I mean we have drive-thru restaurants, pharmacies, Wienerschnitzel, even beer barns!  Why can't I pull up to Albertson's, Walmart, or whatever and just get one loaf of bread without taking both kids out of the car, will Alina walk or ride in the "big part of the buggy," will Nathanael attempt yet again to come out of the seatbelt, how many things will I have to say "not this time" to, why is only one lane open with five people in line?  I understand this could get out of hand so we could have a 3 item limit for the drive-thru.  Shoot, even a 1 item limit would be fine with me!  I would even be happy to order it on-line and just pull up, pay and take my loaf of bread or gallon of milk or bag of rice home:) So be honest, wouldn't this be helpful?  Am I the only one who's ever wished for this? I don't mean to sound like a grumpy mom, just one that sometimes two hands isn't enough for.

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! They have the online grocery thing in bigger cities, but even that doesn't account for those last minute items you run out of. Raluca the entrepreneur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to comment on this when I first read it a few weeks ago but I was having a glitch with blogger.

    When I read the title of this post, I thought you were going to say that you have these types of stores in CO and for a moment I was extremely jealous! I can't count the number of times I've wished for a drive thru grocery store. I have learned that the CVS drive thru will throw in a few extra things from the drug store if you are already picking up a prescription. Mason had a stomach bug a few months ago and when I called to see if the Rx was ready, I asked if they could throw in some gatorade and pedialyte popsicles and they gladly did!

    ReplyDelete