Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

We had a wonderful time celebrating Easter this year. It is really wonderful to be able to teach Alina why we celebrate these holidays and watch as she really begins to learn what these things mean. I am really looking forward to continuing some of these traditions as the kids get older and are better able to understand. What a blessing to be able to teach our children that our Savior came to die for our sins, so that we might be forgiven!

Here are some of the activities we did during the week to prepare for Easter, I think next year I would like to make it a little more focused Holy Week, but this was a good start:

Dying Easter eggs on Good Friday
"Stained glass" cross on Good Friday as we discussed what Jesus did for us on the cross
I think next time, I need to use bigger chunks of crayon, the shavings ran a little too much once they were melted
Easter Bunny craft, I think we did this on Monday
Easter story cookies on Good Friday, I really enjoyed this activity and am looking forward to making this a tradition for our family

Of course we also baked cookies, but I didn't get a picture of those. We did that on Wednesday

On Sunday we had some friends from CMU over for lunch. I really enjoy cooking some of my mom's recipes every year. Its really fun for me to make the foods that remind me of Easter growing up in our house, because this was always such a special holiday for us. I am happy to continue this with my family and share some Romanian recipes with my friends. I always set the table the night before and I look forward to that more than anything I think, I love to set a pretty table:) Don't worry, I didn't put the eggs out until right before our guests arrived.

Our beautiful princess
And our handsome prince:)

Our friends joined us for an Easter egg hunt before lunch

This is how princesses hunt for eggs:)

Jake and Nikki
Adam and Ashley



He is risen indeed!

8 comments:

  1. Love the family picture:) It looks like you are enjoying being a stay at home mom. I am so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to have found you guys! Looks like everyone's settled well! The precious baby is gorgeous!

    Holly Marsh
    www.marsh-madness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad you found me:) Its fun to keep up with the blogs!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I made the blog, though those troll earrings ARE weird. You have such a cute family picture, though! You are such a nice family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were fun earrings, that's what matters:)

      Delete
  4. Like the crafts you did! Your family picture turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete