First let's start with some before pictures. This is the room that is attached to our detached garage (is that confusing? Our garage is at the back of the house by the alley and there is a room about 8'x13' attached to it). It was a workshop or something gross for the past 50 some odd years but we wanted to make it into a useable room. So here are the before pictures, with everything stripped out of the room:
This is the cabinet that used to be in our bathroom. Yep, just like this, yuck I know. That's why the bathroom was the first to get the remodel if you remember the earlier post.
The Good - here are a few pinterest projects that turned out pretty good.
Upcycled Wind Chime - Alina kept wanting one after hearing the neighbors' so we made one from old cans. It was a fun project.
Eggcarton seedlings - love this one. Alina and I love looking at these everyday and seeing their progress. We have a few more plants now and are excited to replant them in the garden in the next couple of weeks.
The finished room! Well, this wasn't all Pinterest inspired, but some of it was and it's definitely in the good category. I painted the walls. Justin and Gil did the carpet and tile by the door. Justin made me this awesome desk to craft on. Be jealous Pauline:)
This is one of the old windows that I turned into "art," pinterest of course. I may still work on it a bit more, but I kind of like the way it is. It will hang above the desk, but we aren't there yet.
All my craft supplies organized beautifully inside:)
Ok. Now for the Bad. The bad thing is that I just want to keep doing projects, but there this little issue of time and two kids, hubby, you know. I have limited myself to only looking up things on pinterest that I need to do. But oh there's a whole world of fun things out there:) Sigh.
And now the Ugly. I had some family pictures that I wanted to make a family picture wall. I had planned on a hallway wall, but then I noticed this huge space above the laundry closet, that is in the family room, that seemed like a good place to hang these pictures. So I searched Pinterest and got some ideas.
wow you have been working hard!!! I think you are amazing especially with two little ones in toe!
ReplyDeleteGreat work. I like the office
ReplyDelete