Monday, October 10, 2011

Not exactly a "three-ring circus"

We've had a lot of fun over the last month getting to know Grand Junction by going to lots of different events, mostly free. We got free tickets to the rodeo, the Fruita Fall Festival, a play "Smoke on the Mountain" at Justin's school and this past weekend we went to the Piccadilly Circus. Wow. There are no words. Its a good thing Alina thought it was fun. We did have to pay for one adult ticket ($30!) and we felt ripped off.

It was at the fair grounds (same as the rodeo) and we thought there was going to be a big tent (big top if you will), but no such luck. Even at 4:30 in the afternoon it was cold! There was no tent, Alina wouldn't try the $5 cotton candy so I had to eat it by myself, the motorcycles wouldn't start at first, the girl with the yo-yo tricks dropped the yo-yo, the clowns used too much potty humor, and we only saw a tiger for like 30 seconds. All in all it was a bust, but like I said, Alina didn't notice and she had fun, so I guess it was worth it. It did end with the elephants and compared to the rest of the events, they were amazing! Enjoy the pics.


Like I said, Alina had fun:)
These were the pony rides, we didn't pay for. Alina did sneak by to pet the llamas.
Nate seemed to also have a good time, luckily he also won't remember it.

As you can see, it sort of looked promising at first.
The motorcycles (I guess you call them that) where pretty neat. Although, it was the very first "act" and the bikes wouldn't start at first. We figured this didn't fare well for the rest of the show. We were right.

This clown was not funny. He drank from a flask and then spit in his car, which made it spark in his face. Haha. Not exactly child humor.

They "turned" a girl into a tiger, but the minute they revealed the tiger, they rolled him away.

This guy was pretty neat.

I sort of liked the boxing kangaroo, it was the most entertaining of the funny acts.

The grand finale was the elephants. This actually was pretty good, but we were so cold at this point, we were ready to go home.



At least Nate took a nap.
Well, I'm glad we went because Alina thought it was pretty neat and it gave us something to do, but if the Piccadilly Circus comes to your town, I recommend you skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment