Saturday, May 22, 2010

The things 7th graders say...

I gave my students the chance to reflect on what they've learned/liked/disliked from my class this year and also to give some tips to next years kids. Here's some of the things that really made me laugh:

Things learned, liked or disliked from this year:

  • I liked how Mrs. Liles pushes us to do stuff, but sometimes it scares me.
  • I disliked the temperature and I liked the smell of the room
  • I wish we would have learned more about the master swordsmen who crafted swords and other weapons
  • Desks must be aligned perfectly
  • Like that it is always clean
  • learned who Tony Romo is
  • I liked that the classroom was organized and we got to sing
  • Mrs. Liles drools over Tony Romo
  • I liked how you would be sarcastic to certain people just because you wanted to

Advice for students next year

Important Things to Bring…

  • Your brain
  • A non-jokey attitude
  • A sense of humor and a talkative mouth
  • A picture of Tony Romo
  • Let Mrs. Liles’ sarcasm go through you cause you will hear it a lot
  • Binder, pencils, and your brain, and maybe even Lysol

You Should Know…

  • Mrs. Liles has OCD issues and gets annoyed easily
  • If you mess up her room you better clean it up because Mrs. Liles is a neat freak
  • Mrs. Liles takes things very seriously and she has good hearing
  • Mrs. Liles is very competitive
  • Don’t aggravate Mrs. Liles or she shall make you feel 2 inches tall
  • Don’t talk during a test or she will give you a zero forever and ever amen.
  • Its like being in the military, everything must be perfect!
  • Mrs. Liles is borderline OCD and she sees all.
  • Mrs. Liles loves the Cowboys
  • She yells sometimes but its funny
  • Treat Mrs. Liles like a princess
  • Mrs. Liles is very nice when she wants to be
  • Mrs. Liles is ALWAYS RIGHT
  • Mrs. Liles does not put up with students that act like 1st graders

Ways to behave…

  • Don’t behave like 1st graders
  • You can’t behave like 1st graders
  • Listen, don’t talk and be mature
  • Like an adult
  • Perfect!

How to keep Mrs. Liles happy…

  • Tell her that her baby looks cute
  • Be on her good side
  • Once in a while ask her how her baby is doing
  • DON’T lie
  • Say awe every time she shows you a picture of her cute little baby
  • Do not ever lie to Mrs. Liles
  • DO NOT!! Move stuff on her back counter
  • Be a fan of the Cowboys
  • Never argue with her
  • Keep your eyes on her while she is talking
  • Don’t say the word “mean” following the teachers

Words of wisdom…

  • You will make it if you try
  • Don’t act like a baby
  • Honesty is the best policy
  • You know she likes your class if she lets you talk about shampoo and conditioner
  • “I mean…”, “What!?”, “You people…”, “Lift don’t drag”
  • Wait till you are older to get a nose ring
  • I’m going to say this, don’t ever make Mrs. Liles mad
  • “Let the kid in”
  • Use a lot of hand sanitizer, be good, shut up and do your work
  • Don’t ever argue with her
  • Sing or you will do solos with a mic


6 comments:

  1. love that you are trying to make them into cowboys fans and letting them know who the cutest and best qb in the nfl is, lol. he is a cutie pie, i
    Jennifer Dunn:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the best was the shampoo, let the kid in, you people, and the nose ring. but of course their all from 4th pd, which is obviously the best :]

    shelby thompson:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! This was great. I was laughing out loud while watching "The Princess and the frog". The kids were wondering why I was laughing so hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahahhaa.... I'm glad to see that you are *exactly* the same in your classroom as your are in the real world. :) Your students can be assured that they know the real Mrs. Liles. If only you could be 1/2 as passionate about our GAMECOCKS as the cowboys! Too funny though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you didn't ask them to give advice to Justin?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Use a lot of hand sanitizer, be good, shut up and do your work" - could be a life motto.

    This was great. It really is funny how they all say similar things; but basically it's, "Don't mess with Mrs. Liles!" You're a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete