Monday, May 17, 2010

Bird Nest Update

I am happy to say that we have seen the bird and we think the eggs will grow healthy and hatch. We've noticed that everytime we come into the house or leave, the momma bird (maybe daddy not sure what type of bird this is or what its habits are) leaves the basket and flies to the tree in our yard. Once we are safely out of sight it returns. Justin took the basket down yesterday to show it to our friends children (the McDowells) and there was a third egg in there. This morning the momma bird was in the basket when I walked out and I tried to get a picture of her, but I couldn't get too close or she'd fly off. You can't really tell from this picture but she's in there sitting on her eggs!

2 comments:

  1. the eggs won't actually grow... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess, that's why I need a biology major like you around:)

    ReplyDelete