Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Birthday

Alina turned one on January 7th and on Monday, I took Alina to her first year well-check. Everything went well, except we found out she had an ear infection we didn't even know about. She is taking Amoxicillan for the first time, and loves it! She will go back in two weeks to get checked and also get her shots. Here are her stats:
Height - 30" (75%)
Weight - 19lb (20%)
Alina was lucky enough to get to celebrate her first birthday twice! Before we left Texas, we had a small family birthday for her at my sister's house. She had a ladybug cupcake cake and a small smash cake for herself. She wasn't sure about it at first, but then dug right in. We had a great time together, on our last night before coming back to SC.
What is this anyway?

Whatever it is, I like it!

Lily, Alina's cousin, got her a baby doll stroller for her birthday, and Alina practiced pushing it by giving Lily a ride. They both enjoyed it! Doesn't Lily look like a little baby doll?

Then on January 9th, we had Alina's birthday at our house with all her SC friends. Here she is with one of her best buds, Patrick. We kept the ladybug theme, because she and I both love it!
Here are more of Alina's friends having fun with toys in her room. From left to right we have, Abby, Jesse, Keagan, Josiah and Harmony.
All her friends wanted to also help her open presents. So when it was time to open the present they brought, each friend helped a little.

We kept the ladybug theme, because she and I both love it! Pauline made these adorable cupcakes to go along with the cake.

I remember this stuff, it was good! We let her have quite a bit of her cake.

Alina loved the balloons from the Waters, Bells and Michaud. Here is Mrs. Kim helping Alina play with them. The ladybug tatoo on her arm is from Mrs. Leslie, "the crazy fun aunt" apparently. Alina liked it:)
We enjoy our big girl so much!

1 comment:

  1. That crazy aunt Leslie is awesome. I can't wait to give Alina her first piercing. (JUST KIDDING, Luc) ;)

    ReplyDelete