"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Living with the Liles
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Aviator Friends are Friends Forever
You may remember this photo from a post this summer. Two of my beautiful and sweet friends, Brittany and Arden with me at our church's sports camp. All of us looking "cool" with our aviator sunglasses. We enjoy many of the same things, and have kids that love to play together. Our husbands have lots in common and we just enjoy being around each other.
Well, I'm sad to say that both of these girls have or are moving away:( Brittany went off to California in the summer, so her husband could attend seminary and Arden is moving this week to the front range for her husband's job. Good reasons, I know, but seriously those mean guys, just taking my friends away. I'm reminded of a somewhat cheesy song from my childhood, bear with me here:
Friends are friends forever
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
Cause the welcome will not end
Though its hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not to long to live as friends
(thank you Michael W. Smith)
In any case, the special bond we have in Christ will always keep us connected. And for that I am thankful. Facebook and the fact that they have family here to visit, also helps:) Love you Brit and Arden!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I know how you feel��
ReplyDelete