Appetizers: Dyed, hard-boiled eggs,
salata de vinete (eggplant salad) and
salata boeuf (a chicken and vegetable salad
Soup: Chicken Noodle soup (romanian style of course)
Sarmale (cabbage rolls)
Main course: Roast, country style potatoes, green beans and a tomato cucumber salad
Dessert: Alba ca zapada (pastry translates as Snow White) and an American dessert introduced to me by my friend Josh that has become part of the tradition, Strawberry Layer Dessert
The cute kids of course (this is the best I could get Nate to agree to before the egg hunt)
This is one of the few times of the year I have reason to get my china and crystal out, so I like to set a nice table.
Kris put this together with flowers from my front yard.
I love to have flowers to use right outside my front door!
We begin the festivities after church with an egg hunt, for kids and adults alike:) Nate insisted on wearing his knight armor, you know how intense egg hunts can be!
Noah really liked the eggs:)
Our guests:
Ashley and Adam
JP and Kris
Erika and Derek
Jake and Nikki and baby Noah
We hope you enjoyed a special Easter as well!













No comments:
Post a Comment