Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Color Preschool

While Alina is going to preschool, I am trying to do a little bit of "preschool" with Nate at home.  When she was his age, I did preschool type activities with her while he took his morning nap, and she always looked forward to it!  Last year, when I watched Bella and Brody, both Nate and Bella really enjoyed doing some of the crafts and activities together.  However, Nate is not as motivated to get "schoolwork" done on his own.  He would rather play or watch TV he says, but I try and get him excited about an activity and we can usually spend about 30 minutes twice a week actually doing some work. Then I just try and bring up that topic as much as I can during the week and incorporate some things from Alina's school with it and also tie some family activities along with it.

Last week we worked on the color orange and circles.  The colors always seem easier.  We made some yarn pumpkins with Alina (that was a Pinterest project gone wrong if there ever was one, but whatever) and collected leaves from our trip to the Mesa for a fall/orange candle holder.

Nate also made a orange fall tree with q-tips.


This week we are working on the color green and Alina is learning about the letter F at school so Nate and I made this today (its a frog in case you were wondering:)

I'm hoping Nate gets a little more excited about learning, but for now, we are having some fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment