As I was planning my H week activities, I ran across a tutorial on making a hobby horse, but thought, no way am I that ambitious. Well, on Tuesday (of last week) I was wrapping a birthday present and used up the rest of the paper, when I realized the left over roll would make a great stick for a hobby horse. So the rest was easy...Alina and I found a sock in Justin's drawer, she picked out the orange yarn and the ribbon, we always have googly eyes on hand and of course some hot glue, and TA-DA! A hobby horse! It even turned out to be a bronco in Bronco colors, how fun right? Maybe this preschool things is getting to me?
On Wednesday we made gingerbread houses out of honey graham crackers.
(we were going to do this the week before for G week, but it turned out even better
as a review of G and H for house and honey!)
Then on Thursday we went to Daddy's work at Houston Hall!
And we had Hamburgers for lunch with him!
Here is Alina's practice at the letters she knows so far. She is doing such a great job recognizing them and even writing the letters. We are so proud!
And of course Hershey's starts with H, so with our Honey graham crackers we had some smores (from the oven, cause it was cold and raining, but with a gas oven they crisp up really nicely!)
That's our H week fun, stayed tuned for I!
Mason's preschool class is doing letters each week...I think you are putting his teachers to shame! :)
ReplyDeleteAw, that's sweet Brantley. I think I'm having as much fun as the kids:)
ReplyDeleteJust curious -- are you doing anything to help teach the letter sounds? Mason's class is using "zoo phonics" and the kids really get into the motion/sound/animal.
Delete