Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summertime Fun!

 Have I mentioned how much I love my iPhone?  Well I do.  I love that it takes such good pictures and videos and I always have it with me.  So I finally connected to my computer so I could put some of the pictures I've taken with it on here.  Here's some catching up on some of our summertime fun, as captured with my iPhone:)

1) Sports Camp - This is our church's version of VBS.  It was a lot of fun!  We kicked off with a picnic at the park where we had Sports Camp, Canyon View Park.  Our kids got to play at the church while Justin and I helped out at the park.  I worked with the middle school group and Justin was at the soccer station (big suprise there I know). 

Here is Alina and her friends running around at the picnic.  She loved it!

 Running up and down the hill was a big hit!
 The fire department showed up to "cool off" the kids:)

 And this is the view as we are playing soccer, football, etc.  Yes it is amazing.  Yes this is why I keep telling you to come visit us.  I mean, this is the view from a park we can just go to anytime.  You are jealous admit it.

2) Canning! - We live in a valley that is full of farming and orchards.  Our friends Nikki and Jake just bought a house with like 10 fruit trees.  We've been helping them pick fruit as they are fixing up the house.  Another friend, Jon, now works at an orchard, so I've been getting peaches like crazy.  We eat all we can, and we can the rest!

This is Jake holding Nate.   A momentous occasion.  It was Jake's first time to hold Nate (even though they are one of the first couples we knew here).  He's been holding out on holding any baby, but then in May he held his nephew so now its ok:)  Nikki and I know he's really wanted to for a long time, I mean how can you resist? But Jake was tough!
 Picking apricots at Jake and Nikki's is fun, and hot!

 Peaches from Jon


3) Outdoor fun- Although its hot, we've enjoyed spending a lot of time outdoors.  We've hiked, camped, played in our "pool" and gone to the park many times.  Its fun, but tiring:)


As a matter of fact, yes this is the Grand Valley.  
Oh you think its beautiful in a picture on my phone, why don't you come see for yourself? (No I will not let this go) This is from the top of Serpent's Trail on the Colorado National Monument.
 We've love water!
 Four not really babies in a baby pool, can be crowded, but oh so fun!
 Hiking can wear you out!
 We've enjoyed several picnics at the monument.  Its a lot of fun to just go out there for a couple of hours, hike, eat and come back home exhausted!
 And what's summertime without a little watermelon?
Hope you are enjoying your summer as much as we are enjoying ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment