Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Who ate the King Cake?

Well, Alina would love to say she ate it all, because she loved it. And I'm not gonna lie, she and I had our fair share on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week, and we shared some. But guess who finished more than 1/2 of the cake that was left on Thursday? Does the picture give you a clue? Yes, it was Major and Macy. Of course they bark, and of course Major tries to make everyone who comes over into his best friend, and Macy tries to sneak up on the couch when she knows she is not allowed, and yes their hair sheds all over the place, but mostly they are well behaved. They love the kids and don't require much maintenance (or at least we are slack about taking them on walks and such). But to take the entire platter off the counter and eat more than half of that huge cake? Well, that's too much! Justin and I have found ourselves saying "sometimes I just want to get rid of them." Of course, if Alina hears this she starts to cry and tell us how much she loves her dogs, and we have to assure her we were just frustrated. Well, its a good thing that last Thursday when I found this, it was after I had dropped the kids off at a friend's house so Justin and I could go skiing. I was ANGRY! I left the scene as I found it so Justin could see when he got home a few minutes after me. Needless to say, they have not been left inside alone since and I'm thinking they just need to get used to being outside. We love them, but I also really loved that cake. Alina thinks we should make another one, I may just have to:)

5 comments:

  1. Oh man...I would be so ticked at those dogs! I meant to ask earlier if you baked a baby Jesus in your king cake? And if so did the dogs eat him?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but they are so cute:) You know you love them!!!
    It was great talking with you yesterday. Josiah told me last night he wants to talk to Alina today-maybe we can Skype. He said he wants to know "how she growed up".
    Hopefully we can work it out:)
    Talk to you soon!
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brantley, I did not. I didn't buy a special king cake baby, and honestly I was terrified it would melt. They also suggest a dry bean, but then I worried that someone would choke. Maybe I just worry too much:) Oh well. Pauline, today is a bit hectic, but maybe tomorrow or Friday would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least they didn't cost you $500 after getting into a fight and tearing an eyelid. We were ready to put Linus down for that. I totally understand loving them and yet not looking too hard when one escapes from the house ;)

    ReplyDelete