My staying home has definitely increased the amount of baking I do, hopefully this isn't transferring over to pounds too:) Here are some recent baking pictures.

Alina loves to help bake. Although, her definition of help is to lick things or eat unbaked dough.

She does help decorate, and then she gets caught up eating sprinkles:)

These were our Valentine cupcakes

Here is the King Cake I made for Mardi Gras last night. It is yummy!!! Once again, Alina helped by licking off icing:)
I'm so impressed that you made a king cake! Before Graem and I got married, I had a roommate from Thibodaux, LA. Every year for Mardi Gras she had a king cake shipped to us from a bakery in her home town. YUM! You should definitely post the recipe/how-to instructions.
ReplyDeleteWell, its a combination of Allrecipes.com for the dough and Food Network for the filling. That's kind of how I do everything, my way:) I bet the one from LA was amazing!
DeleteYeah, I want that recipe too. I have to be honest, I don't know anything about Mardi Gras and this is the first year I have heard about this "King Cake". Looks interesting though:)I guess we Dutch people don't celebrate Mardi Gras. Does that mean that Romanian people do????
ReplyDeleteNo, its mostly celebrated in Catholic countries, but I taught French for two years and love all things French. I combined two recipes (you know me, I can't just stick to an actual recipe). I used one that is on my pinterest from Allrecipes.com for the dough and the one from Food Network for the filling (except the pecans, I used dried dates instead).
Delete