Death Star. Jerry's World. Whatever you want to call it, on Saturday I took Justin to see FC Barcelona play Club America at Cowboy's Stadium in Arlington. As creative as Justin was in the Texas themed anniversary date, I have to take credit for a pretty awesome graduation date. I should give credit here to Chris Ryan for posting information on Facebook about this game, which is how I found out about it.
In any case, Justin's favorite club soccer team is FC Barcelona. His favorite team ever is of course the Cowboys, he boasts about being born just down the street from the old Texas Stadium and has only missed watching one game in the last 15 years or so. Had we stayed in South Carolina, Saturday would have been the day he walked the stage for his PhD, which he would have only done for me and his mom, because he loathes graduations. So to get to see Barcelona play in Cowboy's Stadium on Saturday, pretty awesome. It would have been about 10 times more awesome, had we seen Messi (best player in the world currently) play, but alas he had to "rest" before Barcelona's real season starts in a few weeks. Still we saw lots of awesome players and of course Barcelona won.
So about the Emperor? Well, if you know anything about Star Wars and the Dallas Cowboys, you already know who it is...Jerry of course. How did we thwart him? We avoided giving him as much money as possible. Of course I bought the tickets, but we aimed to make that the only money we gave him. To avoid the $50-80 parking fee we parked at Colter's BBQ. If you spend at least $20 on lunch they'll let you park there. So you get lunch, parking and avoid giving Jerry any more money. Then you won't spend much money in the stadium because you're already full. Genius, right? Justin was very excited. I did spend $6 on a Dr. Pepper because I got pretty thirsty, but you better believe I kept the "souvenir cup."
Fun! but who is that guy in all of the pictures ;) I didn't even recognize Justin, at first.
ReplyDeleteI know Jess, he decided he was tired of his hair and is shaving it now.
ReplyDeleteShaving his head but not his face???
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Justin! Looks like yall had a great time. I'm clueless about soccer...and the Cowboys...but it still looked fun. :)