Here's Alina reaching out for the blueberries
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Living with the Liles
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Blueberries
One of our favorite things to do in the summer is pick blueberries! There's a place near our house where they give you a bucket and you can go pick your own blueberries, you can also eat as you pick. Alina gets our money's worth by eating as many as she can while I pick them! Its best to go early in the morning before it gets too hot. We've gone a couple of times this summer. The first time we got 2.7 lbs and paid $2.70, the second time we got 3.28 lbs and paid $3.61. Its such a great deal compared to the grocery store sale price.
Here's Alina reaching out for the blueberries
Alina just goes straight for the blueberries in the bucket
mmmm...she probably got a whole pound free by the time she was done eating!
We've made blueberry pancakes several times with what we've picked. Also, we made blueberry muffins, blueberry pudding cake and ate fresh blueberries. I've frozen most of them and plan to use them for blueberry blintzes soon (didn't get to it yesterday) and then whatever sounds good!
Here's Alina reaching out for the blueberries
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i feel like we had this post last year ;)
ReplyDeleteWe did, but Alina is bigger this year!
ReplyDelete