Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Pioneer Woman Project

Well, I haven't blogged much lately and usually I blog about the kids and our adventures.  But for the next few weeks, I'm turning this into my Pioneer Woman Project blog. I've always wanted to cook through a great cookbook like Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  But for this season of life that is not very practical.  So I'm cooking through the Pioneer Woman Cooks (her first cookbook) for the next few weeks.  I love all of her recipes!  Also, my family eats most of her food, its affordable and easy to find and pretty easy to make, so its perfect for this season of life.  I hope that by putting this out there for y'all to see, I will follow through. I am not going in order, because I don't want to just eat appetizers, then breakfast, etc.  I made a schedule (surprise!) and hope to stick to it for the most part.  Enjoy this journey with me!

So far, I've made 5 recipes and taken most of the pictures.

I started out with the pancakes on Saturday, and they were delicious. 
 That's also my schedule with Adriana's input:) 

On Saturday I also made the jalapeno poppers and corn salad (forgot the picture). These were delicious!

This is something I started making after our friends Derek and Erika watched our kids and made it for them, they called them swamp eggs.  Apparently you can call them whatever you like, but they are always a good fast breakfast!

On Monday we had fajitas for dinner and I followed the Pioneer Woman's recipe for pico de gallo and guacamole, but were great!

This recipe for Iny's Prune Cake was in the breakfast section, and to be honest I wasn't sure how my family would handle a prune cake (is anyone?) so I made it for a ladies Bible study and brunch, and it was excellent! My kids loved it too (Justin didn't get any..) This is definitely a recipe worth repeating and don't let the word prunes scare you, its so good!
(Sorry we ate the cake and didn't take the finished picture. Don't you love my little cake tester? A sweet lady at church made that and gave it to me when I hosted a ladies coffee a few months ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment