Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Celebrations

We did several things throughout the week and weekend to celebrate Valentine's Day.  That's not because I just can't get enough of this holiday, we just had different things going on during the week. 

Alina spent most of the week writing out Valentines and giving them to friends.  Nate refused, although I got him to do one for baby Noah and one for the college girl next door that babysits him (he also has plans to move in with her, but that's another story:)
She and I also made a box for her Valentines from preschool.  It turned out pretty cute. Advice: do not type valentine's box into Pinterest, there are people out there with way too much time on their hands.  Ours is cute and to the point I think.


On Valentine's day we went to Albertsons (very romantic I know) and then had a coffee/hot cocoa date at their Starbucks.  They loved the hot chocolate!
Then we made some heart cookies, well the kids mostly just eat cookie dough, but they claim to help.  Alina does cut out shapes between bites:)


On Valentine's night, Justin and I have a tradition of staying in and making our own delicious meal after the kids go to bed.  Its cheaper, less crowded and usually better than were we would go out anyway.  This year we stepped it up a bit: lobster tails, crab legs, stuffed blue crab and half a rib-eye stead with baked potatoes and grilled asparagus.  It was a lot of food and it was great! The kids had Chick-Fil-A, which is their favorite!

On Sunday night our church had their annual adult banquet, its not specifically a Valentine's deal, but this year it happened to fall on that weekend.  Justin ended up having to stay home because he was very sick (getting better today) so I went by myself, which was still fun.  It was at a cool car museum in town.  This guy has a crazy collection of old cars and scattered throughout are wax figures of famous people sometimes associated with the car they are next to.

Me and Willie:)

Apparently I matched the car behind me pretty well, so I needed my picture taken with it.

I took this one for Nate, two of his favorite people, Hank and Spiderman

Some of our good friends that I sat with
Kristine and JP

Jake and Sharrie (no he's not goofy at all:)

Brittany and Megan

 Andy and Brit (for my own safety I won't tell you why he has that look on his face or why Brittany is laughing hysterically, it was good:)

Photobooth fun:)

1 comment:

  1. Terry and I had a date at Salsarita's and we had 4 tag-alongs...Hey, kids ate free on Valentines Day:) I like her Valentines Day Box...Although I would probably be the one that would have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on my hands:) Riley and I made all of her 50 valentines day cards + I made 26 of Jojo's valentines day cards:)

    ReplyDelete