Well, this Easter was a lot different than the last five we've had in South Carolina. I've gotten in the habit of cooking a big meal and inviting lots of people over. I love to cook it all and then set a beautiful table and have a great time! You can see this in previous years archives. Since Easter was one week after coming home from the hospital with a new baby, I had to have a simpler Easter. Justin's mom was here, so we had a small celebration just the five of us.
On Saturday, Alina and I dyed eggs. She thought this was a lot of fun!



Alina was excited to find all the candy in her basket on Easter morning, she is still working on eating it.

Since Jana was here, Justin, Alina and I were able to go to church. It was nice to be able to worship on Easter morning. Here is Alina at church. We took roses to put on the cross.


Alina was very excited to eat the eggs she dyed.

She really liked the first one, but after that she only took a couple of bites.

Since Alina was still a little sick on Saturday from a virus, she wasn't able to go to the church egg hunt, so we did our own in the front yard.







All in all, we were able to reflect on the true reason for Easter, God's gift of his only Son sent to die in our place and raised back to life so that we could have life everlasting. It was very exciting to hear Alina say, He is Risen!
No comments:
Post a Comment