So after watching "The Blind Side", I realized that two years ago we got to see Michael Oher play when we went to Ole Miss to watch the Carolina Game. It was their homecoming and the funnest (yes, funnest:) game we've been too. The Ole Miss fans are awesome. They give a whole new meaning to tailgating and what's even better, they insist on you coming and sharing their food and drinks even though you are wearing the other teams gear! It was such a fun experience.
At Ole Miss they have this tradition where all the football players walk down this long side walk before the game and all the fans stand along the side walk and cheer them on. Well, Leslie, Marcie and I did not want to miss that. So we walked right up and tried to look over some people's shoulders since there was already a crowd. Being the nice people Ole Miss fans are, a couple said we could stand in their spot since they are there all the time! Yes, that is how nice they are! So we stood and took pictures and gave high fives (I think I was rooting for Ole Miss at this point). Then we enjoyed the game and even beat them! After losing to us at their own homecoming, they still insisted we try their Hotty Totty Punch:)
So after watching the movie, I looked through my old pics to see if I had taken a picture of Michael Oher, this was the fall of 2008, his senior year at Ole Miss. I didn't, but it turns out Jason and Leslie did. Kind of neat huh?
That's pretty neat! Have a good day. Looks like you are pretty busy at school today:)
ReplyDeleteThat was awesome indeed. I knew there must be some reason i was taking pictures of random football players I didn't know. :) Fun times!
ReplyDeleteHow neat! I haven't seen that movie but have heard great things about it!
ReplyDelete