Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Easter Tradition

It has now definitely become a tradition for us to host a traditional Romanian Easter at our house.  We've been doing this since we left Texas in 2005 and love it! I love cooking a bunch of food and setting up a beautiful table.  Its always fun to introduce new people to the mix and to our traditions.  Here are some highlights from our Easter weekend.

On Friday, the kids and I dyed eggs.  Then we had the privilege to take part in a Christian Seder meal at our friends, the Masseys.  After dinner we all went to church for a Good Friday communion service.

Flower pot desserts that Wendy made for our actual dinner:)


On Saturday morning we took the kids up to Justin's school for an Easter egg dash - not a hunt, a dash.  The kids run as fast as they can to get eggs on a rugby field.  I think we prefer hunts,  but this was close and we met up with some other people Justin works with so it turned out fun. It was incredibly windy (welcome to spring in Grand Junction!) so we got our eggs, attempted to eat some cotton candy and dashed home:)




The rest of Saturday was spent cooking with Kristine and preparing for Sunday.  On Sunday we went to church and then enjoyed our five course Easter meal.  It was a really great time!

Alina is the angel in our re-enactment of the Resurrection.  Justin and I have been using the covered up tire to roll the stone away every year to teach the story.  This year I was teaching with our friend Becky. 

Our Easter table, it was so nice to have an actual dining room to host in for the first time!

The world's most beautiful children:)))



No comments:

Post a Comment