Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Busy Bee and Gymnastics

Alina is now in the Busy Bees class at Bookcliff Christian's Preschool.  She goes on Tuesdays and Thursday mornings to learn, sing, play, etc.  As we've talked about going to "school" she's been excited, but also asked a lot of questions and sometimes seemed hesitant.  The week before school started we went to drop off her supplies and meet her teacher and she was very shy.  I assured them that she'll be just fine, besides we drop her off at church, swim and ski lessons, ballet, etc and she's always just fine.  Well she wasn't fine the first day.  She clung to me and cried and I would have had to pry her off me to get her to go into the class.  Her teacher came over and held out her hand and asked if she wanted to go in, well she didn't, but Nate quickly took her hand and followed her into the room.  Alina and I followed and a couple of minutes later she was just fine.  She got the "good day" award that day.  I think they meant, most improved, thankfully she stayed, but we are proud anyway.  Now she loves going to class and has made several friends, including some girls from her ballet classes.  I'm glad she loves this time and I'm having fun hanging out with my little man.

This  summer Alina took a break from ballet since we would be traveling a bit and wanted a little more freedom.  She kept talking about taking gymnastics, so when I saw a session offered through parks and rec we signed her up for a month.  She really enjoyed going to class and did pretty well.  We told her she needed to choose between that and ballet and she's chosen ballet.  She did have a lot of fun and wants to go back next summer, but she's excited to also be back in ballet.  Here's a picture of her on the bar.  Its hard to see, but it was pretty cool to watch her.


No comments:

Post a Comment