Here are two more somewhat-pinterest-inspired projects.
I really like how this wreath turned out. I saw one on-line for $32, yeah right. So I got this one on clearance at Wal-Mart for $3 and the letter "L" for $1.77. I had left over fabric and paint, so it was less than $5 total. The fabric flowers were pretty easy with a tutorial from pinterest, but I did burn my fingers a few times.
This is the other window we pulled out of the craft-room/man-land by the garage when we were redoing it. You may remember the other one is in that room with fabric behind the glass. For this one I sort of saw some things on pinterest like this, but I did my own thing. I used pictures my friend Megan took of the kids a few weeks ago. The words were very easy to do, once a friend told me about the vinyl you can buy and run through the cricut. Love it! (Pauline, this may change your life:) The only hard part is peeling all the backing off the letters once you've cut them with the cricut and making sure they are straight on the wall. I do have a little decoration thing to add on the fourth panel above the verse because I realized there was too much space there. I need to add it. My projects are never really done I guess.
Here it is fixed
I am really enjoying being crafty. Re-doing curtains in kids' room into the fake roman shade like in the craft room is next on my list. I may get to it someday.
I love your craftiness. I have to say, I already knew about the vinyl. Also, I love those flowers on the wreath. Rebecca Becker made a whole bunsh of those for the shower for Sara. There is actually a cricut carterage that makes those. I think Rebecca is going to get me that one:) I can't wait to play with it!!!
ReplyDeleteIt makes fabric flowers? Neat! I love the vinyl, great idea!
DeleteWell, maybe not fabric flowers althought I have heard the cricut does cut fabric I think...but she used paper. AND I got that carterage now:) But haven't played with it!!!
Delete