These are the cake balls turned into hearts using a cookie cutter
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Living with the Liles
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Valentine's
It was a fun Valentines for the Liles! Pauline and I started celebrating by making "cake pops" on Saturday night. They were supposed to looklike candy hearts with messages on them, but the message part didn't work out. Here are some pics:
These are the cake balls turned into hearts using a cookie cutter
The candy coating to cover them in
Our first batch drying, these really didn't look like the picture, but we got better as we went along
There were some fatalities in the making of the cake pops, I'm sad to say that 3 yellow pops did not survive:(
The completed cake pops, I took these to my homeroom to reward them for bringing in so much change for the Pennies for Patients campaign

On Valentine's Day, Alina enjoyed her first official Happy Meal. She loved the burger, Hi-C and toy pony, but only nibbled on a few french fries.
That is one hungry girl!

Alina got a cake pop for dessert as well. She's had a few in the last couple of days:)

After Alina went to bed, Justin and I enjoyed our "traditional" Valentine's meal. We've been doing this the last few years instead of going out. Ribeye steaks, lobster tails, and baked potatoes. It was so good!!!

These are the cake balls turned into hearts using a cookie cutter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment