Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Where has my baby gone?

So Alina came back today from Texas and left the baby behind. She is talking more than ever (sometimes more than we want her too, I have to be honest) and she is ready for big girl things. Here's how our baby is going on 12 instead of 2 (or so it seems).

Her bangs were getting pretty long, so we decided to go for her first real haircut. We've been trimming her bangs ourselves, but the stylist made it clear that we didn't do a great job. She could even tell that Justin took it upon himself to trim her hair when she was four months old, because she asked if we'd cut her hair since it seemed shorter in a little part of the back:) I let her in on what he did, you all may remember. Anyway, here she is getting her hair cut. Afterwards, they gave us a certificate, picture and a lock of hair to keep.


The little girl package (btw this is at Sharkey's near Food Lion in Lexington, by Little Ceaser's) comes with a 'mini-cure,' which means she got her nails painted pink. She sat so well for the hair and then for the nails, we were all super impressed. When she saw one hand done, she asked for 'more pink hand' for the other hand. What a princess!
Here's the big girl with her daddy at Fatz after the hair cut. Isn't she beautiful, especially with those pink nails?
To top off the day, when Alina came home, she came home to a big girl room! We took the crib out while she was gone so that she could get used to the idea of being in a bed and us bringing the crib back out for the baby. She loved it! She took a nap in it this afternoon and then was very excited to go to sleep in her big girl bed with her 'bug' pillow. I love this stuff, but I think it's only this much fun cause I know I'm about to have another baby in a few months. Otherwise, I might be crying.

2 comments:

  1. NO!!!! I don't want her to grow up:( How did you like the Sharkies place? Was it afordable?
    But it sounds like a wonderful place. Might have to take Riley there one day.

    ReplyDelete