Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shots:(

Today, we went in for Alina's two month well-check. We are happy to say that Alina is in great health. She weighs 10 lbs 8oz and is 22 1/4 inches long, which puts her in the 50% for both. She also had to get four vaccines, one by mouth and three shots. This was not pleasant for Alina or me. She seemed to be doing well, until 4pm this afternoon, when she began screaming like I've never seen. We went to check her temperature and saw that her little thighs were terribly swollen and red, so we called the pediatrician and they recommended some Tylenol. Well after about three hours of wailing at the top of her lungs every time she moved her legs, she finally calmed down. It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. I hated watching her in pain and there was nothing I could do about it, and if I moved even a little, she just screamed some more. This mommy thing can sure be hard sometimes, but worth every minute. When the Tylenol kicked in and she started smiling again, we were so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Did you give her any tylenol before hand? I always try to give them tylenol about 20 minutes before the shots. (or if I forget, right before the shots). That might help next time:) I am sorry she was not feeling well:(
    Hope she is doing better today.
    See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Raluca!
    I would encourage you to read up on vaccinations- my brother was in the hospital with breathing problems at 8 weeks and the dr. there said it was related to his shots he had just received. There is a lot of info out there, but we have elected to forego the shots. Despite us not being able to find a pediatrician that "agrees" with us, I have had one of the nurses there tell me if she had children, after seeing what she had seen at their office, she would not do vaccinations either. Just food for thought!

    ReplyDelete